Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to the computer myth debunking "database".
- Services tweaks - debunked (XP) - with special focus on BlackViper
- The Memory Optimization Hoax
- Common Windows performance tweaks
- Disabling QoS to free up to 20% bandwidth.
- Make Windows use multiple cores to "speed up" boot time.
- Clearing out Windows prefetch for a faster startup.
- Cleaning the registry to "improve performance".
- Clear memory by processing idle tasks.
- Clean, defrag and boost your RAM.
- Disabling Shadow Copy/System Restore to "improve performance".
- Enable Superfetch on Windows XP.
- Disabling services to "speed up" your computer.
- Ryan Myers - Prefetch
- How To Geek - Battery Myths